Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tuesday

Lost returns tomorrow. The question is how well will the two half seasons work. It's good they will be airing a recap before...though I'm wondering if the show has jumped the Dharma branded shark....

So, I was looking up Julie Taymor on IMDB, she directed Titus and Frida, to see what she was up to, as I do from time to time with directors of interest. When I saw that her next project was called Across the Universe, which I then saw was a musical set to Beatles tunes. The trailer can be seen here, presented in all it's "For those of you who liked Moulin Rogue"-ness including a Ewan McGregor clone, via Stereogum. http://www.stereogum.com/. Or look it up on Youtube. Either way Taymor has a nack for the visuals, Titus looked amazing, but then again this project looks impossible. I mean it will probably be better than Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Heart's Club Band the Movie, which is quite the experience as far as so awful it's campy films go, but probably not better than a prolonged episode of American Dreams, perhaps while on some pshycotropic drugs.

1 comment:

erin said...

I think you underestimate how awful American Dreams was. This does look pretty, very pretty, but it has everything working against it so yeah. Hmm...