Blog Archive

Monday, December 08, 2008

Movie News

Well, I was looking around the internets and I found an interested Mashup called Mashed in Plastic. I'll get to that review later on. But it got me wondering, what's David Lynch up to?

Well, the only project I'm aware of with Lynch right now is a semi-adaptation of his book Catching the Big Fish, which is going to be a doc loosely based on the book following Lynch around talking about Transcendental Meditation.

His daughter, Jennifer, is the first American to direct a Bollywood film which sounds absolutely awesome.

Best news of all, is that David Lynch is producing Alex Cox's sequel to Repo Man. The original is one of the best films of the 80's, an absurd and subversive take on Reaganomics and teenage angst. Cox is a talented filmmaker who should be making more films but hasn't had a lot of luck with getting the right projects.

No comments: