Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

End of Decade Readers Poll

It's not that I don't value input, I wish I got more of it, but I didn't think I had enough people who read this thing to conduct a poll until now. Since its the end of the decade (it's really not, but oh well) here's a ballot for an end of the decade Reader's Poll. Fill it out and send it to floydfortnightly@gmail.com. I will announce the results the first week of January.


Ballot:
(feel free to give as many answers as you feel like for each category, and fill out as many as you want to)

Music:
  • Band of the decade:
  • Best album of the decade:
  • Voice of the decade:
  • songwriter of the decade:
  • most epic guitar solo:
  • Favorite song of the decade:
  • Song that you most associate with the decade:
  • Musical Moment of the decade:
  • Band from the decade you hope most your kids/grand-kids won't discover and love 30 years from now:
  • Band you'll try and get your kids to like:
  • Guilty pleasure (song/band):
  • Worst song of the decade:
  • Favorite live show you saw:

Film:

  • Best film
  • Favorite film, or film you've seen the most of dec:
  • Filmmaker/Producer of the decade:
  • Actor (male and/or female) of the decade:
  • Iconic movie moment (scene) of the decade:
  • Movie line of the decade:
  • Worst movie you've seen this decade:
  • Scariest movie:
  • Funniest movie:
  • Most forgettable Oscar-bait/winner/hyped film:
  • Tear-jerkiest:
  • Worst trend in movies:
  • Movie that most embodies the decade:
Television
  • Best TV Show:
  • Network of the decade:
  • TV Personality (host, creator, actor, a real person)of the decade:
  • TV Character (fictional) of the decade:
  • TV moment:
  • TV show/event you will associate most with the decade:
  • TV show that most represents the demise of our civilization:
  • TV Theme song of the dec:
  • Most annoying trend in tv:
  • Guilty pleasure:
  • Cancellation outrage of the decade:
  • Commercial of the decade:

Lit & drama:

  • Best book you read:
  • Book not from this decade that feels like it represents life in this decade:
  • Writer/poet of the decade:
  • Book that you will remember most as tied to the decade:
  • Fav. Newspaper you still read:
  • Columnist/opinion/essayist of the dec:
  • Play of the dec:
  • Musical of the dec:
  • Shakespearean play that fits this decade best:

Sports
  • Team of the decade
  • Athlete of the decade
  • Upset of the decade
  • Most-overrated person/team:
  • favorite Non-Athletic Personality
  • Best game ever played (of the decade)
  • Play of the decade:
  • Bad call of the decade:
  • Most memorable sporting event of the decade
  • Craziest athlete
  • Moment where sports transcended itself
  • best development in sports
  • worst development in sports

Tech
  • Non-computer related Invention from the last decade you're not sure how you've lived without:
  • Computer-related invention/internet development you're not sure how you ever lived without:
  • Internet sensation of the decade:
  • Video game that has sucked the most hours from your life:
  • Best video-game:
  • Non-video program/app:
  • Thing you never thought you'd be able to do on a cell phone:
People, Politics, Misc.
  • Catch-phrase/buzzword of the decade:
  • Fad of the decade:
  • If in X amount of years your kids/grand-kids go to "dress as the 00's day" at school what will you tell them to wear?:
  • Most annoying thing from the past 10 years you wish would go away:
  • Most trusted person from the decade:
  • Most annoying person:
  • Most crush-worthy male:
  • Most crush-worthy female:
  • Person we lost too soon you miss the most:
  • Hero you will remember most from the decade:
  • Person who most shaped the decade:
  • Aside from 9/11 the most historic event of the decade:
  • On a scale of 1-10 rate the decade:
  • 1 wish for the 'teens (next decade):

6 comments:

Erin said...

Gah! I totally forgot about this. Now to find where and what I saved my answers so far on this computer of mine...

Anonymous said...

For most recent information you have to visit world-wide-web and on web
I found this website as a finest website for most recent updates.
Look at my site ; Www.Yourtobaccosstore.Com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it,
you're a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back sometime soon. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice weekend!
Stop by my blog post ; golden virginia

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your site in my
social networks!
Check out my weblog ; http://immobilienalanya.net

Anonymous said...

Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to look it over.
I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting
this to my followers! Wonderful blog and excellent style and design.
Feel free to visit my homepage - häuser alanya

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you
know a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think
its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.
Here is my homepage :: http://watchdjangounchainedonlinefree.xitti.com/