Blue=Sort of answered
Purple= can be inferred
- Who are Jacob and the MIB? Two brothers
- Where did they (above) come from? Across the sea when there mother's ship wrecked
- Why can't women on the Island have babies, and who was Karl's mother? Most probably as a result of the Incident.
- What really happened when Desmond turned the fail-safe key? He was swallowed into the light of the Island. Where did he go?
- How did he, Charlie, Eko, and John survive the blast?
- Where is Christian Shepard's body in both timelines?
- What are "the rules?" Set up by either Mother or Jacob.
- Who are the Others? The people Jacob brought to the Island.
- How did the others get established and by whom? Richard.
- What are the two time-lines? Two divergent universes from the Incident.
- How did the Numbers end up on the blast door and on the broadcast?
- Why was Claire the only person who was supposed to raise Aaron?
- Why is Tunisia the exit point of the Island?
- Why did Sun not time-travel with the others?
- How did those on the plane travel in time?
- Why did they need to re-create the original flight as much as possible?
- Why did Juliet time-travel with the 815ers, while the others didn't?
- How can some others, like Harper, disappear and reappear?
- Who did the time traveling 815ers shoot in the canoe? (cf. The Little Prince)
- What are the Whispers? The restless souls of those who died on the Island and can't move on.
- What was the deal with Mikhail? The Island needed him?
- Why does Brother Campbell have a picture with Eloise Hawking?
- How did the Food drops work?
- What happened to Annie?
- Why does Hugo go by Hurley?
- Who are "Adam and Eve?" Brother and Mother
- Did Desmond lie to Charlie about seeing Claire leave the Island?
- Why did Locke lose his ability to walk by the drug plane?
- Who was Abaddon, and how'd he know to get Locke to Australia? Widmore's most trusted associate. Jacob seems to have kept in communication with Widmore.
- Who was Libby's husband?
- Why do so many of the characters have psychic-like powers (Walt, Hurley, Miles)?
- Who can the MIB kill and not kill?
- What makes one no longer a candidate? Death, reasons to be off the Island.
- Why does Jacob need a replacement? He knew the MIB would eventually kill him. He also never had a choice.
- How did Radzinsky survive the Incident and the purge? The Others let him survive in order to keep the electromagnetic energy under control.
- How did Inman get to the Island and end up in the Swan? The Others probably posed as Dharma to bring him there.
- Why does ash repel the smoke monster?
- Why did Faraday need a nurse and lose his short term memory?
- Why does he have a different last name than his parents and no English accent?
- What was the Frozen Donkey Wheel? and who put it there? Made by the MIB to leave the Island. Most likely repaired and placed by Jacob.
- Why did Ben get a tumor? Since he was taking his orders from the MIB he wasn't protected by the Island?
- How do some characters seem to be able to get on/off the Island even when the sub was down?